Adopt a Pet
When you adopt a pet from a shelter or other rescue organization, you save lives. For every dog or cat you adopt from PAWS, we are able to save at least one more animal.
Not to mention, by adopting from a shelter like PAWS, you become a hero to that one animal.
Our Promise to You:
- We do our best to ensure healthy, adoptable animals by providing a pre-adoption assessment and veterinary care.
- We assess each animal’s temperament to the best of our ability, and provide as much information as possible regarding the animal’s behavior and personality.
- Each pet you adopt from PAWS is:
- current on vaccinations
- spayed or neutered
Our Goals for PAWS Adoptions:
- To find responsible individuals to adopt
- Raise the awareness and availability of shelter animals as loving companions and fantastic family pets
- Raise awareness about the importance of spay/neuter for population control
How to Adopt:
There are several ways you can adopt a pet locally from PAWS.
- You can check out our available animals on our website and fill out an online application here:
- You can come to the shelter, meet the available pets, and either fill out an application in person or bring one that you’ve printed and filled out at home:
- You can visit our permanent cat adoption facilities in Lexington, KY at PetSmart, Pet Supermarket, or Feeders Supply. We also are at PetSmart with dogs on the weekends (call for a schedule).
- You can find us at many area pet adoption events (see our Events page for upcoming opportunities).